Apr 7-23, 2017
By Stephen Karam & PJ Paparelli
Directed by Susan Christophy
On April 20, 1999, two suicidal students walked into Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. What happened next is history. What happened before is what our eight talented actors are here to explore.
Sparked by the April 1999 massacre at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., columbinus is a meeting of fact and fiction that explores the events surrounding the shootings. The play weaves together excerpts from discussions with parents, survivors and community leaders in Littleton as well as police evidence to bring to light the dark recesses of American adolescence. Winner of five Helen Hayes Award nominations including the Charles MacArthur Award for Outstanding New Play, columbinus will challenge how and what you think— and feel.
Join our ensemble cast as they tell this story in an engaging and moving way:
- Loner: An outsider and a bit of a follower. In the Second Act, embodies Dylan Klebold.
- Freak: Outsider who is aggressive in nature. In the Second Act, embodies Eric Harris.
- AP (Advanced placement): The brain, who fits in at the edge of popularity.
- Rebel: The one who couldn’t fit, so she chose to rebel.
- Faith: Religion is her comfort and her confusion.
- Perfect: Everyone wants to be her, but they really don’t know what it takes to be her.
- Prep: Everybody’s friend. He hides his true self for popularity.
- Jock: Popular and hard-working athlete. He resents those who appear to be slackers.
“Because to forget is to repeat.”
Don’t miss columbinus, April 7-23, 2017, Fridays through Saturdays at 8pm, and at 2pm on Sundays at Acrosstown Repertory Theater (619 South Main Street, Gainesville, FL, 32601, in the historic Baird Center).
There will be a special anniversary presentation on Thursday, April 20.
There will also be a $5 preview performance on Thursday, April 6, cash-only at the door.
Purchase your tickets using a credit card or PayPal today: Tickets are $15 for the general public with a discount for seniors, students, veterans and active military and may be purchased below. A limited number of tickets are also available at the door thirty minutes before showtime.No events