Sunday & Monday, April 7 & 8, 2019, at 7:00 pm
At the Acrosstown Repertory Theatre
619 South Main Street, Gainesville, FL 32601
You Have the Right to Remain Dead
By Pat Cook
Directed by Aleksandr Wilde
Performance dates: June 7 – 23, 2019
Don’t be shy, you were born to be a star! Join us at open auditions for You Have the Right to Remain Dead by Pat Cook on April 7 & 8.
Welcome to the Deep South, where all is not what it seems… Meet Fat Daddy, a rich but vindictive southern gentleman with an equally conniving and scheming family. So you know who’s going to die, right? But who will the murderer be? It’s up to YOU to figure out whodunit– and not only are you questioning the cast, but they are questioning you! Yes, you are a suspect as well! This frantic mystery-comedy will have audiences guessing until the last clue is dropped and the last ham overacts!
Auditions will be held at 7:00 pm on Sunday & Monday, April 7 & 8, 2019, at the theater– 619 South Main Street in the Baird Hardware complex, next door to Akira Wood and across from Heartwood Soundstage. Callbacks will be the latter part of the second night. No prepared monologues required–- expect cold readings from a provided script. Please also dress comfortably and be prepared to move and have a great time!
Performance dates are Fridays through Sundays, April June 7 – 23, 2019.
- HARNELL CHESTERTON: a pompous narrator, (age 25-40), a man without an unexpressed thought
- Officer BAINBRIDGE: a long-suffering police detective, 30s
- BLANCHE La TOURE: a rather frazzled director, 30s
- ARNOLD TURNBULL: a large man, 40s (also plays FAT DADDY)
- DORIS TURNBULL: a selfish actress, 30s/40s (also plays SWEET MAMA)
- LOIS JACOBSEN: a coltish woman, late 20s (also plays SAVANNAH and MAN 1)
- STEVE RANDALL …… . a newcomer to the group, 20s (also plays EARL and MAN 2)
- LEIGH DORSETT: business-like, 20s (also plays HYACINTH)
- AJAX CONROY: not too bright, 20s (also plays CLETE and MAN 3)
- TRUDY MARSH: the ultimate “techie,” a teenager
Ages and genders are flexible, at the discretion of the director. All races, colors, sizes, genders, gender-identities and experience levels welcome! Although this IS an audition, we’re not judgmental, and we hope you feel welcome here and have a great time. If cast you will be compensated by the roar of applause and the joy of being part of the Acrosstown family.
We look forward to seeing you at auditions for You Have the Right to Remain Dead!
About the ART:
Founded in 1980, the ART develops new talent, plays, audiences and ideas while also celebrating and revivifying the great plays of the past. The ART provides a safe place where people of all ages, genders, races, and beliefs can create unsafe theater– thinking people’s theatre– theater that transforms.
We continually respect, and challenge:
- ourselves as actors, designers, artists and visionaries to achieve more,
- our audiences as living, thinking and feeling human beings to engage more,
- other local theaters and arts organizations to collaborate more,
…and by doing so, help nurture and develop Gainesville, Florida into the center of arts and culture in North Central Florida.
As a 501c3 non-profit organization, the ART is especially dedicated to providing multi-cultural opportunities to the members of our community. The theater is open to all and presents experiences for which there are no other venues in the area. It is also entirely volunteer-staffed and operated.